A Lecture by the Lovely Clara Parkes! #knitcity2015

Friday 2 October 2015

First night of Knit City 2015! 

I didn't even know that I was going to even get in to the Clara Parkes lecture. Me and Nicola showed up rushing right at 6:10 to try and get tickets. They weren't quite sold out and we dropped all our knitting out of our purses as we rushed to pay for the last remaining few spots.

I didn't know what to expect of the lecture, yarn production hasn't been the thing about fibre art that has really kept my interest. I have spun and dyed yarn quite a bit, but the types of sheep and styles of spinning (and all the mills part of it) hasn't really been anything that I've spent much time researching. I didn't know what to expect and that was great because Clara Parkes was just wonderful. She drew me right into the world of bales of wool and of her amazing adventure with them.

Honestly I won't do it justice to talk about it, I would instead recommend that if you're able to go out and buy her books to hear more about her stories. She was just a joy to listen to! I'm going to absolutely track her down and chat with her during the rest of the Knit City weekend. 

I can't wait to read her book! 




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your informative writing.
    Get 30%-70% Discount from FZillion.com on all branded Sweaters. USA Free shipping and free return. 75 days Return

    Policy.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Back to Top